Please read these Terms carefully before you start to use the Services.
The Services are offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older. By using the Services, you represent and warrant that you meet the foregoing eligibility requirement. If you do not meet this requirement, you must not access or use the Services.
The contents of the Services, such as text, graphics, images, and other material (“Content”) are for informational purposes only. The Content and Services are not intended to be a substitute for professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your veterinarian, physician or other qualified provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical issue concerning your pet or yourself.
Unless otherwise noted, all Content and Services, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, as well as all derivative works, are property owned, controlled, licensed, or used with permission by K9, and/or its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, or other parties that have licensed or otherwise permitted their material to be used by K9. The Services as a whole and the Contents are protected by copyright, trademark, trade dress, and other laws. All worldwide right, title, and interest in and to the Services and Contents are owned by K9 or used with permission. Our name, logo and all other trademarks appearing on the Content and Services are trademarks of K9 or are licensed or used with permission of the owner by K9. You agree not to display or use such trademarks without K9’s prior written permission. K9 disclaims any proprietary interest in trademarks, service marks, logos, slogans, domain names, and trade names other than its own.
The Contents and Services are intended solely for personal, non-commercial use by the users of the Services and may not be used except as permitted in these Terms. You may share the Content with the use of the social media links (i.e., “Share,” “Pin It,” and “Tweet”) provided on our Services. You may also share the Content via email through the use of our “Share” link. You may download or copy the Content and other downloadable materials displayed on the Services for your personal use only. No right, title, or interest in any downloaded materials or software is transferred to you as a result of any such downloading, sharing, or copying. Except as noted above, you may not reproduce, republish, publish, upload, post, transmit, distribute (including by email or other electronic means), publicly display, modify, create derivative works from, sell or participate in any sale of, or exploit in any way, in whole or in part, any of the Content or the Service without the prior written consent of K9 or the owner of such material. Nothing contained in the Content or Services grants or should be construed as granting any license or right to use, implied or otherwise, any trademarks, trade names, service marks, trade dress, or copyrighted or other proprietary material displayed on these Content and Services without the prior written consent of K9 or the owner of such material. All rights not expressly granted herein by K9 to you are reserved by K9 and/or its licensors. Third-party trade names, product names, and logos contained in these Websites may be the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
The information presented on or through the Content and Services is made available solely for general information purposes. We may update the Content from time to time, but the Content is not necessarily complete or up to date. Any of the material on the Services may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security measures on the Services, including, without limitation:
- Using a false password or one belonging to another user, or accessing data not intended for the user, or logging in to a server or account which such user is not authorized to access;
- Disclosing a password or permitting a third party to use a password or failing to notify us if a password is compromised;
- Attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the system or network, or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
- Attempting to interfere with service to any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, via means of overloading, “flooding,” “mail bombing,” or “crashing”;
- Sending unsolicited email or commercial electronic messages, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services;
- Forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting; or
- Hijacking all or any part of the Services or Content; deleting or changing any Services or Content; deploying pop-up messages or advertising, running or displaying the Services or Content in frames or through similar means on another website; or linking to the Services or Content, without our specific written permission.
You agree to use the Content and Services only for lawful purposes and only for your own personal, non-commercial use. You may not use the Services to transmit, post, download, distribute, copy, display publicly, store or destroy material (a) in violation of any applicable law or regulation, (b) in a manner that will infringe the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights of others, or violate the privacy or publicity or other personal rights of others, or (c) that is libelous, obscene, offensive, threatening, defamatory, abusive, or hateful.
We have absolute discretion to determine if any use violates these rules, and to act as we deem appropriate in the event of any violation. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. We will investigate occurrences which may involve such violations and may involve, cooperate with, and make disclosures to law enforcement authorities in identifying and prosecuting users who are involved in such violations.
REPRODUCTION OF CONTENT ON OTHER WEBSITES
Any Content placed on your website must be credited to us, with links placed to the original article on the applicable Website. You are permitted to display the following on your website, provided you do so in a way that gives full credit to us as the original publisher and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it:
- An active, follow link to the original full article on the applicable Website.
- A canonical in your header code.
You may not place, or use any software to place, any complete articles from our website on your website, unless you have contacted us first and have received written permission from us to place the entire article online. You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you. Use of any and all K9 logos are not permitted. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval, or endorsement on our part where none exists. You may not directly or indirectly suggest any endorsement or approval by us of your website, products, content, or any views expressed within your website.
Our Content may only be placed on websites that:
- Do not promote, facilitate, or encourage Illegal activities (and do not display actionable Content under applicable law).
- Do not promote, facilitate, or encourage hatred of any form.
- Do not have misleading, pornographic, or defamatory content.
- Do not display any material that is in breach of any third-party intellectual property rights.
K9 provides the Content at no charge and you may not charge users specifically for accessing K9 Content, nor attempt to sell our Content in any way.
K9 reserves the right to restrict, suspend, or terminate any Content, your access to Content, the availability of Content or these Terms at any time, without liability. You agree to remove all of the Content from your website upon receiving notice of termination from K9. You may terminate these Terms at any time by removing all Content from your website and destroying all copies of our Content in your possession.
The Services and the Content are provided on an “as is” basis and your use of the Services and the Content is at your own risk. When using the Services, information will be transmitted over a medium that may be beyond the control and jurisdiction of K9. Accordingly, K9 assumes no liability for or relating to the delay, failure, interruption, or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in connection with use of the Services.
K9, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS, ADVISORS, REPRESENTATIVES, VOLUNTEERS, AFFILIATES AND AGENTS, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall K9, its affiliates, contractors, or any of their respective officers, directors, employees or agents, or any third parties mentioned on the Services be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, incidental and consequential damages, personal injury/wrongful death, lost profits, or damages resulting from lost data or business interruption) even if K9 has been previously advised of the possibility of such damages, whether in an action under contract, negligence or any other theory, arising out of or in connection with the use, inability to use or performance of the information and Content and the Services. These limitations shall apply notwithstanding any failure of essential purpose or the existence of any limited remedy. K9 is not liable for any personal injury, including death, or infringement caused by your use or misuse of the Services, Content, or Comments (defined below). Any claims arising in connection with your use of the Services, any Content, or Comments must be brought within one (1) year of the date of the event giving rise to such action occurred. Remedies under these Terms are exclusive and are limited to those expressly provided for in these Terms.
ADVERTISEMENTS, SEARCHES, AND LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold K9, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, and suppliers harmless from and against any claims, actions or demands, liabilities, and settlements, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, resulting from, or alleged to result from, (i) your use of and access of the Services, (ii) your violation of any term of these Terms, (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right, or (iv) any claim that your use of the Services caused damage to a third party.
K9 is in the United States of America. K9 makes no claims that the Content is appropriate or may be downloaded outside of the United States. If you access the Services from outside the United States, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction.
The following provisions survive the expiration or termination of these Terms for any reason whatsoever: Location, Survival, Limited Liability, Comments, Indemnity, Jurisdiction, No Waiver, and Complete Agreement and Amendment.
You expressly agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute with K9, or in any way relating to your use of the Services and/or the Content, resides in the courts of the State of Texas and you further agree and expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the courts of the State of Texas in connection with any such dispute including any claim involving K9 or its affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, contractors, officers, directors, telecommunication providers, and content providers.
These Terms are governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of Texas, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any of these Terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or any other term or condition.
All comments, feedback, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted, or offered to K9 on or by the Content and/or Services or otherwise disclosed, submitted, or offered in connection with your use of the Content and/or Services (collectively, “Comments”) shall be and remain K9’s property. Such disclosure, submission, or offer of any Comments shall constitute an assignment to K9 of all worldwide right, title, and interest in all copyrights and other intellectual properties in the Comments. K9 is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to user any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments.
You agree not to post on or transmit through the Services any Comments or other material that:
- is unlawful, libelous, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, profane, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable in any manner;
- is an advertisement or promotion for any product or service that had not been approved in writing by K9;
- is false, misleading, or constitutes an unfair or deceptive trade practice;
- constitutes a breach of your contractual and/or fiduciary obligations or an invasion of privacy;
- infringes on any third party patent, trademark, trade name, corporate name, trade secret, copyright, publicity, or other proprietary or property rights; or
- contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms or other code, scripts, routines, files or programs designed to alter, interrupt, impede, limit, or destroy the performance and/or functioning of any software, hardware, or other equipment.
You further agree that any Comments you provide do not contain any confidential, proprietary, or trade secret information of any third party, and will not be treated as confidential by K9. K9 shall have no obligation to store, keep copies of, or return any Comments. K9 further reserves the right (but does not have the obligation), in its sole discretion, to modify, delete, or remove any Comments from the Services that it deems to be in violation of the foregoing requirements.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, K9 shall have the right to:
- Remove or refuse to post any Comments for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
- Take any action with respect to any Comments that we deem necessary or appropriate in our sole discretion, including if we believe that such Comment violates the Terms, infringes any intellectual property right or other right of any person or entity, threatens the personal safety of users of the Services or the public, or could create liability for K9.
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Services.
- Terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the Services for any or no reason, including without limitation, any violation of these Terms.
Without limiting the foregoing, We have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Services. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSORS, AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS AND FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
We cannot review all material before it is posted on the Services and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, We assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications, or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
K9 may from time to time post Content supplied by third parties and users (collectively “Third-Party Content”). In addition, if you register to receive our free newsletters and emails that promote the Services (“Newsletters”), you may receive Newsletters containing Third-Party Content or advertising that was sponsored by third parties.
Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information or content expressed or made available by third parties in the Third-Party Content are those of the respective author(s) or distributor(s) and not of K9. K9 does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any Third-Party Content, nor its merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose. Additional disclaimers and limitation of liability are noted below.
NOTICES FOR REPORTING AND MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
This policy is intended to comply with the requirements of the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
K9 will investigate notices of copyright infringement and take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2) (“DMCA”). If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide K9’s copyright agent the written information specified below:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest.
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed upon.
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Services.
- Your address, telephone number, and email address.
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
COMPLETE AGREEMENT AND AMENDMENTS
Except as expressly provided in a particular “legal notice” on the Services, these Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and K9 with respect to the use of the Services and Content.
K9, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to update, revise, supplement, and to otherwise modify these Terms, and to impose new or additional terms and conditions on your use of the Services from time to time. Such updates, revisions, supplements, modifications and additional rules, policies, terms and conditions (collectively referred to in these Terms as “Additional Terms”) will be effective immediately and incorporated into these Terms upon notice thereof, which may be given by any reasonable means, including by posting to the Services. Your continued viewing or use of the Services following such notice will be deemed to conclusively indicate your acceptance of any and all such Additional Terms.
You may stop using the Services at any time (subject to the surviving terms set forth herein). K9 also may terminate these Terms and/or Services at any time and may do so immediately without notice. Accordingly K9 may deny you access to the Services, if in K9’s sole discretion you fail to comply with any term or provision of the Terms.
K9’s failure to enforce strict performance of any provision of these Terms will not constitute a waiver of K9’s right to subsequently enforce such a provision or any other provision of these Terms, nor will any delay or omission on the part of K9 to exercise or take advantage of any right or remedy that K9 has or may have hereunder, operate as a waiver of any right or remedy.
Questions or comments regarding these Services should be directed to [email protected].